OHH’s six-week paid Nurse Extern Program is a truly unique, hands-on learning opportunity for nursing students prior to their final year of nursing school. The program offers nursing students the opportunity to perform a variety of nursing treatments in a cardiovascular environment, utilize state-of-the-art technology and practice assessment skills under the direction and supervision of an experienced RN.
- Critical Care
- Progressive Coronary Care Unit
- Emergency Room
- Currently enrolled and in good standing of final year in a Registered Nursing program
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Able to work 36-40 hours per week during the entire program
- To Apply
- Complete application online (link will go live when applications are being accepted)
- Provide an updated resume, which needs to include:
- Expected graduation date
- Recent copy of official transcript
- Two clinical letters of reference
Submit Paperwork here:
Oklahoma Heart Hospital
ATTN: Human Resources
4050 W. Memorial Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Applicants will be called if selected for an interview and should make themselves available if at all possible.
- After Externship
Once the Externship has been completed, OHH has the option to retain the Nurse Extern while he/she completes his/her last year of nursing school. After graduation, OHH also encourages a smooth transition from Extern to Intern to RN and pays for a NCLEX Review Course to assist Nurse Interns in preparing for their boards.